Blog Archive

October 06, 2011

My Brief

Graphic Design Brief

Business Name: Tuns of fun
Contact Details: Bek Lane, Proprietor
285 Baylis Street, Wagga Wagga
Ph 69 710 101 fax 69 710 102
Email – tunsoffun@optus.net.au

Project Type: Logo/Corporate Id
Project Title: Branding Campaign

Existing branding materials: nil

Non-negotiable parts: I want the branding to be bold, bright
and energetic. I want it to feel family oriented as well as fun and wholesome to attract maximum demographics. The use of the colour purple must be used in all aspects of the branding. I want all branding to be vector based and no photographic images.

Specifications of art and products required are;
1. A logo (Black and White and colour variants)
2. A slogan (must fit with design)
3. A Point of Sale (POS) 3D promotional poster
4. A webpage Mock-up
5. One publication
6. Shopfront mock-up consisting of an original photograph and brand placement through Photoshop manipulation.

Production Timeline and Deadlines
• Brief Delivery – Monday 15th August, 2011
• 1st Revision - Tuesday 30th August, 2011
• 2nd Revision – Tuesday 13th September, 2011
• Handover – Tuesday 20th September, 2011 (one week after final revision)

Budget Guideline: nil
Prepared by: Bek Lane
Date: Monday 15th August 2011



Background:

Being from Wagga my whole life it has become abundantly clear to me the lack of things either to do or that are reasonably priced for families or kids. There is an overwhelming need for a Ten Pin Bowling Centre along with an Arcade of games for children and adults a like. Being local I would like to support my hometown by giving back to the community as well as helping the community through employment opportunities of the business as well as the builders and tradesman needed to build these premises as well.

I want to sponsor both children through sport and education not only to promote my business, but also to bring a focus to the importance of education for children as well as the necessity to inform children of healthy lifestyle choices socially and through sports.

A big part of the problem in all towns and cities are the lack of healthy lifestyle choices and things to do for kids and adolescents. My target is to make a place where not only small children and teenagers want to go but also the whole family. I am hoping if there are more things for young teens to do they are less likely to make poorer choices when finding things to do.
Ten Pin Bowling was an idea I got from thinking of things to do, which are healthy and fun – this has both. It encourages a healthy lifestyle as well as family oriented outings. I used to do ten pin bowling as a kid and found it to be really fun. You could do it with all your friends or boyfriend as well as sport for school and a family outing.

I wanted it to be a fun experience – I will have all of the modern music playing in the background. At nighttime, there will be flashing lights and a smoke machine to create a disco effect on Friday and Saturday Nights. There will also be a seniors only bowling on Sunday mornings and a special lunchtime activity of bowling just for the little kids with the bumpers.
Not only did I want to have a family orientated place I also wanted to incorporate as many different things into the business for maximum interest to the public. I am going to have an arcade style section where there will be numerous pinball machines, shooting galleries, basketball hoops, air hockey and other coin related games. There are going to be a lot of different types of arcade games so there is plenty of variety.

I thought there was a great need here for fun and exciting things for people of all age groups to want to do. I was hoping by incorporating not only an arcade centre with games for kids of all ages, but to also incorporate a crèche for families wanting to have some time to bowl with the family and there older kids or some time out for themselves. Therefore having a crèche built into the centre will also encourage more families to come and have a good day out.


As well as the crèche and arcade centre for kids I will be putting in a café style restaurant so kids and individuals could also buy their own meals, snacks, lollies and drinks. So I am really trying to achieve as many points of interest into one establishment that I can achieve, for maximum interest and profits.

The crèche is going to have two sections to it. A calm and peaceful sleeping area for babies to have a sleep and also will be a restroom and the second part is a play area, which will be fun and vibrant colours to create a playful and fun atmosphere.

The Arcade is to also have bright energetic colours to create the fun and enthusiastic feel to it. I want to encourage playfulness, energy, as well as fun.

The café style eatery is to have a shabby chic feel. Shabby chic is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their age and signs of wear and tear or new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique. At the same time, a soft, minimalistic, and feminine feel is emphasized to differentiate it from regular vintage decor; hence the "chic" in the name. I want lots of white and distressed looking furniture. Pale Pinks and Greens. I want this to all still be modern and cheerful and inviting. But most importantly I want it to all tie in together so it doesn’t feel like it has been completed from multiple people – I want it to flow.

I am having the ten pin bowling area also in bright and cheerful colours that creates a feel of creativity, fun and excitement without being overbearing or tacky. I do want purple to be a main colour of consideration in the various rooms as it’s my favourite colour. I prefer the darker shades to the lighter pastel shades. No pastel shades of purple are to be used.
As a form of artwork and decoration to add to the feel of the whole overall Bowling Alley, I want the walls to be decorated by local artists artworks to showcase their work to also add to the feel of community. This will also be a great way to decorate the walls and change the feel of the whole Bowling Alley.

The whole feel to my establishment is to be a warm, fun, energetic and family feeling orientation to invite and welcome people so they will want to stay here as well as tell friends and family about it, therefore promoting the business.
I will also be looking at sponsoring children’s sports events, which will require sports shirts or shorts with the business logo on it as the sponsor of the clothing. This too is to be bright and energetic feel without the loud screaming tacky feeling.
So to summarise everything I am going for the “family” feel to the establishment as well bright, fun and excitement for the whole family to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have just started my Diploma of Graphic Design