Blog Archive

February 15, 2011

Music Festival Posters

Project for Photoshop - Design a poster for "The Noise" Music Festival, following the four elements of design -

1. Research (blog)
2. Planning (drawing in diary)
3. Execution (completing in Photoshop)
4. Evaluation (Writing in blog about pros-cons successes-failures

Details for poster

Name - The Noise Music Festival

Lineup - Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Daft Punk, Pink, Trocadero, Dead Mouse, Bliss ‘n Eso, Disturbed.

Location – Music Bowl, Botanic Gardens Wagga Wagga


Date – July 19th-20th 2011

Tickets – Ticketek

Website – www.thenoise.com

Price $145

Dimensions- 800px wide x 1000px high, 72ppi, RGB

 _________________________________________________________________________

 1. Research

Get an idea of different music festival posters that appeal to you in order to design your own.


2. Planning (see my processing diary)
3. Execution (will be shown when I have finished in photoshop)


4.  Evaluation (pros and cons of the work)

Okay - so I created 2 posters basically the same. One with colour and one not so much.  I had a hard time deciding how to do my poster because I can't imagine how I want it to look until after I have started putting it together and taking things away and adding new things, so I found it a real challenge to have to physically sketch how I wanted it to look before starting.

After getting feedback from people I edited and changed the poster about 5 times.  I also came to the conclusion that I needed to get a feel of posters for the specific genres, but as there were too many varied ones I found it hard to find something to suit them all which is why I re-did them so many times.


Pros (Poster 1) Its a simple and plain background so it should be more universally pleasing.  I kept it to just 3 different colours for the fonts.  The colours are easy to read and all the same font except for the Title.  The title stands out.

Pros (Poster 2)  To me personally the various colours attracts my eyes to the poster, particularly to the heading. I gave it two different backgrounds to change the feel of the poster.  


Cons (Poster 1) I think its a little dull, not much really going on.  I don't know who it really targets as an audience.


Cons (Poster 2) Too much colour for some people.  Some of the writing is hard to read.  There is a lot going on in the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have just started my Diploma of Graphic Design