Blog Archive

February 19, 2011

Illustrator

Yesterday was most of the class' first lesson in Illustrator.  Liam is the teacher showing us how to do this particular software.

First thing he had as do was learn a few basic tools and what they did - Mainly the pen tool.  This is one pain in the arse tool to master, lines, not really a problem, curves on the other hand are another thing entirely.  Its all about learning how to use the anchor points and curves.

So as long as I practice for the rest of my life.....I may get my hands around the pen tool.

The other thing we did was draw half of a 2d image with the pen tool and got shown how you can manipulate that into a 3d shape using Effects, 3d and evolved shape to achieve different affects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have just started my Diploma of Graphic Design