Blog Archive

August 10, 2011

Rapid Logo Study

We had a 1hr time frame to sketch out ideas for a specific business - given on the day.  These had to be hand drawn in our visual diaries, one colour and one black and white.

When we finished or didn't finish when the hour was up we had to lay our work out on the desk and every individual person had to come around and give our logo a mark out of 5.

I was given mostly 3's with a total of 25/45.

The winning logo design was awarded to Tristan with a score of 35/45.  This meant his idea was "appealing to the majority".




Tristan's Winning Logo Design

The reason behind my design ideas - well i really didn't have much to work with personally as drawing is not my strong suit.  I had a hard time trying to come up with any ideas without the internet for inspiration - sad I know!  I had thought of crocodile jaws when I heard the name Snappy Jim's, but I couldn't think of how to draw that so I ended up going for an exaggerated jagged look to represent snappy.  I also wanted to have a pair of secateurs open above the cutout of the name but I couldn't draw them and we had a limited time limit also which made things just that little bit harder. 

I liked Tristan's idea because it wasn't like a normal expected mowing logo which the client specifically stated he didn't want.  I didn't know when I was judging it that it was meant to represent him pulling the grass out by hand because he was rough as guts but I still liked the idea of his hand drawn illustration and the fist with grass and dirt in the hand to represent the mowing logo.  It was quirky and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have just started my Diploma of Graphic Design