Blog Archive

April 22, 2011

Logos

 Find logos you like and don't like and why.

Like
I like these logos because they are clever and simple.  They work and make a statement at the same time.
I really like this logo because it does meet the 5 principles of design.  I think it is very simple yet clever at the same time, its memorable because of how they used the eights as well as the word 8.  Its versatile and can be used on different mediums, its timeless because of its simplicity it won't date and its appropriate.  Even though I don't know what the logo is used for exactly I would guess it would be a surf/skater clothing line.
I like this for the same reasons - simple yet clever, memorable because of the world web and puzzles, its versatile because it could be used on different mediums, its memorable because of the way they created the logo, its clever.  Its timeless because of the colours and simple shape and its appropriate for an encyclopaedia worldwide.

Don't Like
I really hate these - they may be simple too, but the colours are garish and ugly.  They just scream dodgy to me.
I don't like this logo.  Although it meets a few requirements.  I think it is a simple design and memorable because it has been around for a long time but I don't know what a shell has to do with Petrol.  Its more than likely versatile but I don't think it is timeless as it will date quickly.  I also don't find it appropriate to the industry because it has nothing to do with the Fuel Industry.

I don't like this logo either.  It is a simple enough shape, though boring, its memorable because of the billions of dollars spent on merchandising this brand, but the colours are ugly and garish.  Its versatile but I don't find it timeless also because of the colours used.  It is appropriate to the food industry its selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have just started my Diploma of Graphic Design