Blog Archive

April 15, 2011

Don't count your chickens

  • This means that you should wait until you know whether something has produced the results you desire, rather than acting beforehand. (web meaning)
  • Rationale
When I think of this saying it always makes me think of a pregnant woman who has gotten her nursery all done in pink hoping for a little girl when she isn't even pregnant yet.  I was going to do something to that effect until I saw Jarrod's version and decided against it because it was too similar.

This was another tricky expression to try and do visually - what I think is usually not the way someone else will see something so I found that very hard to try and show that without words - A picture paints a thousand words - for me I found words to be easier to interpret in this case! Especially when trying to show different people what you are saying!

So I went with a woman who has gone out and bought all these things she wants prematurely like a new car, house, clothes, jewellery etc , but she can't afford it yet and is sitting in front of the tv trying to win the lottery to pay for these new things she had already bought in case she wins! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have just started my Diploma of Graphic Design